Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Compass Expeditions adds Pete Vorst as Head of Sales & Marketing

Global motorcycle and 4WD adventure touring operator Compass Expeditions has appointed a new Head of Sales & Marketing, Pete Vorst, who brings his firsthand expertise as a rider with hands-on industry experience across sales, marketing and management.

Global motorcycle and 4WD adventure touring operator Compass Expeditions has appointed a new Head of Sales & Marketing, Pete Vorst, who brings his firsthand expertise as a rider with hands-on industry experience across sales, marketing and management.

With a diverse background in the leisure travel industry and a passion for adventure, Mr Vorst is poised to bring a new perspective to the Compass Expeditions team.

His most recent position was as Road Test and Digital Content Editor at Australian Motorcycle News where he enjoyed the opportunity to combine his professional skills with his love for riding.

Previous roles in sales, marketing and management within the motorcycle industry have equipped him with a diverse skillset and a deep understanding of what drives the adventure travel market.

Compass Expeditions Pete Vorst 2
Pete Vorst in action.
Compass Expeditions Pete Vorst
And on tour.

As Head of Sales & Marketing, Mr Vorst will be the crucial link between Compass Expeditions and its representation company, Evolution Travel Collective (ETC), focusing on enhancing the adventure brand’s reach and appeal.

“Joining Compass Expeditions felt like a natural step for me. My experience aligns perfectly with the dynamic and adventurous spirit of Compass Expeditions and I’m excited to contribute to its growth and success,” Mr Vorst said.

“I aim to amplify the profile, ensuring more awareness of our unique style of small-group touring.”

jeep in front of temple in hoi an for a Compass Expeditions tour in Vietnam
Hoi An jeep tour.

ETC added Compass Expeditions as a client in July 2023 and MD and Co-Founder Ingrid Berthelsen expressed enthusiasm for the new senior appointment.

“Having Pete on board is a significant addition to our collaboration with Compass Expeditions. His expertise and innovative approach in sales and marketing are exactly what we need to help continue to build the brand within our travel agent network,” she said.

Advisors can book via the agent portal, email agents@compassexpeditions.com or call 03 9747 2379.

For more info, head to compassexpeditions.com