Empty pixels side lock up
Empty pixels side lock up

Industry HQ

Share this article

Female travel industry leaders shine in entrepreneur top 30

Travel Industry leaders Penny Spencer, Charlotte Vidor and Sue Hollis are all named in SmartCompany’s Australian top 30 women entrepreneurs for 2017.

Travel Industry leaders Penny Spencer, Charlotte Vidor and Sue Hollis are all named in SmartCompany’s Australian top 30 women entrepreneurs for 2017.

Each year SmartCompany magazine publishes its list of Australia’s top female entrepreneurs to coincide with International Women’s Day which this year was on the 8th of March.

The 2017 list recognises 20 outstanding women who are right at the top of their games in a range of industries including retail, recruitment, telecommunications, technology, mining, food, fashion, fitness, property, cosmetics, stationery, digital services and travel.

Three of the top 30 female entrepreneurs lead successful businesses in the travel industry, namely:

Charlotte Vidor – Toga Group

charlotte-vidor-karryon

Sue Hollis – TravelEdge

Sue Ellis, Traveledge

Penny Spencer – Spencer Group of Companies

Penny-Spencer2

Listed alongside Naomi Simpson, Michelle Bridges and Janine Allis, Penny Spencer said;

“There are some absolutely brilliant, innovative women on the SmartCompany list of top entrepreneurial women. Some whose careers I’ve followed with great admiration for years. As you might imagine, I’m thrilled to be listed amongst them. Each day I go to work and admire the calibre of the wonderful, capable women in my own businesses. To share this SmartCompany recognition with them on International Women’s Day is the icing on the cake,”

The 2017 list was headed by Katie Page (Harvey Norman), Vicky Teoh (TPG), and Gina Rinehart, and also included the women behind well-known eponymous brands Carla Zampatti, kikki k, Carman’s Fine Foods and Lorna Jane.

Click here for the complete list.

READ ON to find out how the travel industry celebrated International Womens Day 2017.

Which female entrepreneur in the travel industry inspires you? Share your thoughts below.