Industry HQ

Share this article

MOVERS + SHAKERS: Angela Middleton is now NCL's Director Field Sales AU/NZ

To know her is to love her and everyone knows Angela Middleton. Karryon chats to Norwegian Cruise Line’s newly promoted Director Field Sales AU/NZ mostly because we always like talking to her, but also because she’s such an inspiration.

To know her is to love her and everyone knows Angela Middleton. Karryon chats to Norwegian Cruise Line’s newly promoted Director Field Sales AU/NZ mostly because we always like talking to her, but also because she’s such an inspiration.

Angela has been in the industry for over 20 years, starting as a management cadet at Best Western Head Office in 2004 after leaving University and studying Marketing and Advertising at TAFE, she tells Karryon.

From then, Angela moved on to an almost ten-year stint at Virgin Australia before heading to Insight Vacations. 

“These roles provided valuable experience in collaborating with partners, negotiating and executing business plans for large travel accounts, and nurturing talent to achieve personal goals and deliver strong results.”

NCL Angela Middleton
IMG 2024 01 30 111345
“We spend a lot of time away from family, but I am lucky enough to have grown my career in
the same industry so the connections I’ve built have developed into wonderful friendships,” says Angela.

As NCL’s Senior Manager Sales AUNZ, Angela was charged with growing revenue and passenger numbers across the region, as well as the management, coaching and development of the Field Sales team. We asked her how the new role would change her day-to-day. 

“With the evolution of my role to Director Field Sales AU/NZ, I will build upon these skills, continuing to strengthen relationships with key partners, harnessing new opportunities, while empowering our sales team to be the very best it can be.

“The dynamic nature of the travel industry provides so many opportunities to learn and grow, so I’m ready to dive into the challenges that lie ahead.”

In her new role at NCL, Angela tells Karryon she’s looking forward to collaborating with her team to “develop new initiatives, drive trade partner engagement and focus, building on last year’s momentum to help them unlock the most valuable proposition – not only for their clients but so they, in turn, can further improve their return and grow their booking numbers”.

IMG 2024 01 30 111402
IMG 2024 01 30 111606

“On a personal level, I’m keen to invest in the wonderful friendships I’ve built over my last two decades in the industry,” she says.

IMG 2024 01 30 111656
IMG 2024 01 30 111552
My family are everything to me and I work hard to provide wonderful experiences for them.
This year we are looking forward to sailing Alaska on Norwegian Bliss and having a sneaky
trip back to Disneyland!” Too cute!

Norwegian Cruise Line’s VP and Managing Director APAC, Ben Angell has nothing but praise for Angela.

“Our entire sales team are the best in class, and Angela’s ability to motivate and mentor her team to achieve their goals and develop professionally is unmatched,” he tells Karryon. 

“She has a great talent for collaborating with partners and suppliers to achieve the best business results for everyone.

“With her combination of people skills, her ‘Partners First’ mindset, business acumen and genuine desire to give back to the travel community, not only does NCL benefit but so does the wider industry.”