Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Hurtigruten Group adds two new APAC roles

Hurtigruten has bolstered its Asia-Pacific team with two key appointments, adding Amber Wilson as Sales Director and Marisa Jones as Marketing Manager, working with Asia-Pacific Marketing Director Joel Victoria, who rejoined the cruise company in May.

Hurtigruten has bolstered its Asia-Pacific team with two key appointments, adding Amber Wilson as Sales Director and Marisa Jones as Marketing Manager, working with Asia-Pacific Marketing Director Joel Victoria, who rejoined the cruise company in May.

With extensive cruise operational knowledge and a demonstrated ability to maximise business outcomes, Hurtigruten’s new APAC Sales Director Ms Wilson brings more than 25 years’ experience spanning international hotel chains, tour companies and luxury rail operators.

She is best known for her work in the cruise industry, including senior positions at CruiseCo and Silversea. This passion has bought her back into the cruising fold following her most recent role with Rocky Mountaineer.

“The extraordinary depth of destinations within Hurtigruten’s portfolio is incredibly impressive and definitely part of the appeal. But the company’s strong sustainability stance was also a key factor to return to cruising as the brand is very much aligned with my values and one I will be proud to represent,” she said.

Hurtigruten
MS Fridtjof Nansen

Ms Jones, Hurtigruten’s new APAC Marketing Manager, has previously worked alongside Joel Victoria while Global Brand Manager for Captain’s Choice.

A creative and dynamic marketer with more than 18 years’ industry experience, she has held senior positions with the APT Group and most recently as Group Marketing Manager for IHG Hotels after working with some of Australia’s leading advertising and creative agencies.

“As someone obsessed with everything travel, especially travel brands tackling sustainability authentically, I’m so grateful and excited to be joining an incredible company with such an experienced team. I’m looking forward to building on the work the marketing team has been doing in the APAC region and contributing to its ongoing success,” she said.

Hurtigruten Asia-Pacific Managing Director and VP of Sales & Marketing Damian Perry is also looking forward to working with the two new recruits.

“Together, Amber and Marisa offer invaluable experience, having previously worked with some of the world’s leading travel and tourism brands,” he said.

“They will bring a strong strategic focus to their roles and will be invaluable in helping Hurtigruten reaffirm our position as a global leader in expedition cruising, growing awareness of our product offering and building our market in the Asia-Pacific region.”

To find out more, visit hurtigruten.com.au