Industry HQ

Share this article

MOVERS & SHAKERS: Matt Cameron-Smith promoted to MD of AAT Kings

Longstanding Managing Director of Trafalgar Australia, Matt Cameron-Smith, has been internally promoted to the role of Managing Director of AAT Kings & Inspiring Journeys from April 2019.

Longstanding Managing Director of Trafalgar Australia, Matt Cameron-Smith, has been internally promoted to the role of Managing Director of AAT Kings & Inspiring Journeys from April 2019.

The promotion comes following the resignation of Hans Belle in January.

In this new role, Matt Cameron-Smith will lead the AAT Kings team of more than 400 staff and the Australia and New Zealand portfolio across Guided Holidays, Short Breaks and Day Tours as well as well as its Small Group Journeys collection, Inspiring Journeys.

Matt Cameron Smith (GM Trafalgar_, Gavin Tollman (CEO Trafalgar), John Veitch (CEO TTC)

Matt Cameron Smith (GM Trafalgar_, Gavin Tollman (CEO Trafalgar), John Veitch (CEO TTC)

Matt said he was “very proud and excited to start this next chapter” in his career.

“I am thrilled to be able to do so whilst remaining within the TTC family, which I know and have a great passion for.”

Managing Director of Trafalgar Australia Matt Cameron-Smith

“I want to thank Gavin Tollman for an amazing eight years of support at Trafalgar. I look forward to working with the AAT Kings and Inspiring Journeys teams to build on the current momentum.”

karryon-aat-kings

The Travel Corporation Chief Executive Australia, John Veitch said Matt played an “integral role” in the triumphs of Trafalgar over the last eight years.

Trafalgar will start the search for a new managing director of its brand in Australia.

CEO Trafalgar, Gavin Tollman said the opening was an “incredible and unique opportunity to join the global leader in Guided Holidays across all seven continents”.

AAT Kings 2

“We are calling upon the industry for an innovator to take our 72-year Legacy and continue to drive the ongoing success and evolution of our brand, look after our valued Agent Partners and present The Good Life to our 5 million+ happy guests,” he said.

Join us in congratulating Matthew Cameron-Smith on his promotion