Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Visit Anaheim introduces new President & CEO Mike Waterman

Visit Anaheim has appointed US tourism and hospitality industry veteran Mike Waterman as President & CEO to lead and develop the overall strategy and vision and oversee operations for the destination marketing organisation based in Anaheim, California.

Visit Anaheim has appointed US tourism and hospitality industry veteran Mike Waterman as President & CEO to lead and develop the overall strategy and vision and oversee operations for the destination marketing organisation based in Anaheim, California.

As part of his new position, Mr Waterman will lead Visit Anaheim’s efforts to attract visitors and conventions to the area and stimulate economic growth in the community, which includes the leadup to hosting IPW in 2030.

Mr Waterman brings more than 30 years’ leadership and sales experience, most recently as Visit Orlando’s Chief Sales Officer.

He also served as President & CEO of the Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GHCVB) in Texas.

Mr Waterman started his career at Marriott International, where his last position was Vice President of Sales for the Western Region, overseeing 100 properties including the L.A. Live hotel precinct in LA’s convention district.

The Visit Anaheim team is here to get you all fire(worked) up to sell more Anaheim.
Discover more Anaheim. Image: Visit Anaheim

Visit Anaheim Board Chair Fred Brown said: “Mike brings extensive experience and a long history of leadership, innovation and success in the hospitality and tourism industry, making him the ideal candidate to guide our organisation into the future.”

Mr Waterman added: “I am honoured and excited to accept this amazing opportunity. My wife and I raised our family in Southern California and are very much looking forward to this next chapter.”

“I am eager to work with the talented Visit Anaheim team and its local stakeholders to fulfil our mission and create new economic opportunities for the community.”

Find out more at visitanaheim.org