Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Anna Riedel and Antonio Khattar moved into key roles at The Walshe Group

The Walshe Group has strengthened its destination management team by appointing Anna Riedel to oversee Hawai‘i and Antonio Khattar to manage New York City.

The Walshe Group has strengthened its destination management team by appointing Anna Riedel to oversee Hawai‘i and Antonio Khattar to manage New York City.

Effective immediately, Anna steps into the position of PR & Trade Account Manager, Australia & New Zealand for Hawai‘i Tourism Oceania (HTO), while Antonio assumes the mantle of Trade Account Manager, Australia & New Zealand, for New York City Tourism + Conventions.

Anna brings 15 years of experience in the travel industry to the table, having previously served in a dual role at The Walshe Group, managing both PR for HTO and serving as Trade Account Manager for New York City Tourism + Conventions.

In her new role, Anna will be instrumental in shaping HTO’s overall marketing strategy, managing its brand image, and cultivating enduring relationships with media and trade partners.

Anyone who’s seen Anna at a Hawai‘i event knows that the Hawai‘ian Islands hold a special place in her heart and Anna said she’s excited to step into her new role. 

“I am excited to share the aloha spirit with trade and media,” she said. 

“With its deep-rooted history, vibrant culture, and breathtaking landscapes, promoting these islands is such a privilege.”

Meanwhile, Antonio, who has been with The Walshe Group for the past four years, brings nearly two decades of industry experience to his new role. With a diverse background encompassing the inbound, online, retail, and corporate travel sectors, Antonio is poised to elevate awareness of New York City’s five boroughs and drive increased visitation to the vibrant metropolis.

“I’m thrilled to be taking on the role of NYC Tourism + Conventions as we continue to promote the wide range of luxury and unique experiences that can be found across its 5 boroughs,” he said. 

“We have a strong love for NYC, and it is a destination that continues to captivate travellers from this market, whether it is their first or repeat visit.”

Full disclosure: Both myself and Karryon Editor Mark Harada have worked with Antonio (when we were all much younger) and can testify to two things. One, he is one of those rare genuinely good people; and two, he has a strong (though perhaps misplaced) love of the Canberra Raiders and Liverpool F.C.. Nobody’s perfect.