Inspiring Journeys has partnered with Ultimate Winery Experiences to launch the brand new 5-day Flavours of South Australia to showcase the best of the Barossa, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale wine regions.
Since its initial launch earlier this year, the itinerary has now been updated to offer guests the opportunity to support bushfire recovery in some of Australia’s most beloved townships, by visiting local producers renowned for their unique flavours.
Supporting the Barossa
In collaboration with the #EmptyEsky and ‘buy from the bush’ movement, guests can fill their esky or reusable bag at the decadent Melbas Chocolate factory, or perhaps make time to visit nearby Woodside Cheese Wrights and Chesterfield Whisky Firm.
Head to Barristers Block Winery to sample delicious wines or pick up a takeaway tasty charcuterie board that includes cured meats or salmon pate for a picnic that evening. The family-run winery lost 100% of its vineyards in the recent bushfires. Fortunately, their cellar was saved, and guests are invited to support their recovery by filling up with treats – with all freight covered by Inspiring Journeys as a show of support.
The last Bushfire Recovery stop in the region is the Lobethal Bierhaus, where travellers can take advantage of tastings, or take home their favourites brews.
“This trip had always been crafted to connect travellers with the makers, growers and passionate owners of South Australia’s unique food scene – but now it offers so much more to the community with our ongoing commitment to supporting Bushfire Recovery.”
Matthew Cameron-Smith, Managing Director for Inspiring Journeys
Other highlights include:
- Private cooking demonstration at Maggie Beers Cook and the Chef studio
- A four-course roaming dinner at Adelaide Central Markets, sharing with guests its signature dishes throughout the market.
- A visit to the dÁrenberg Cube building designed to excite the senses with lunch at the hatted dÁrry’s Verandah restaurant.
- Biodynamic wines at Gemtree, where they harvest according to the phases of the Moon to enhancing the quality of the grapes.
- Dinner at the award-winning FINO restaurant kitchen, where guests can connect through local, sustainable produce.
- Delectable Udder Delights Cheese Cellar showcases the regions best blue cheese, chevre and camembert.
This five-day culinary discovery is now a definite departure and will help agents earn their spot to the Red Centre twice as fast.
For every 1 passenger booked on the Flavours of Australia, Agents will get two entries for the Inspiring Journeys ‘Inspiring Escape’ famil. Bookings must be deposited by the 29th of Feb.
The 5-day Flavours of South Australia trip begins and finishes in Adelaide and starts from $2,980 per person, twin share departing the 27th of March.
Click here for more information.
Share this story