Friday 8 October will mark The Ghan’s first-ever day trip to the Clare Valley, taking guests on an epicurean adventure to a beautiful area, known best for its mouth-watering food and wine.
This will be the first time Journey Beyond has hosted a local journey like this before, saying “it has distilled the team’s knowledge of epic long-distance experiences to create something exceptional.”
With border closures and COVID-19 travel restrictions having affected operations in the last eighteen months, Journey Beyond says “it is excited to welcome guests and crew back on board, showcasing the beauty of–and wines and food from–the Clare Valley.”
There is also set to be a big announcement prior to guest boarding on the inaugural journey on Friday 8 October.
Guests mingling at the terminal will enjoy drinks, bubbles and breakfast canapes while listening to live music before boarding the train for their day excursion filled with food, wine, and festivities.
Nick Ryan, Chair of Judges at the Clare Valley Wine Show and Deputy Chair Royal Adelaide Wine Show, will be at the terminal and on-train, sharing his wine knowledge with guests.
As part of the South Australian Tourism Commission’s (SATC) South Australia Great State Experience Vouchers, guests can use their voucher towards booking a Platinum or Gold Class Experience on the Taste of The Ghan.
Bookings without SATC vouchers can be done directly through Journey Beyond.
Additionally, as a proud partner with Qantas Frequent Flyer, members can earn 1 Qantas point per AU$1 spent to put towards their next rail holiday.
- 2021 dates: 8 October, 22 October, 5 November, and 19 November
- Departure: Adelaide Parklands Terminal, Richmond Rd, Keswick 5035
- Check-in: 7:00am—8:00am for 8:45am departure
- Return: 7pm-ish to Adelaide Parklands Terminal
Click here or visit your travel agent for more information.
- Freedom! Qantas Melbourne to London flights from 6 November, Singapore to follow
- Qatar Airways to restart daily Sydney and Melbourne flights from 1 December
- Tassie domestic and International borders to open, quarantine-free on 15 December
- Quarantine-free travel to Singapore to happen in November, Bali by Christmas?
- Home: 11,000 Qantas & Jetstar Australian-based staff to return in December
Share this story