Regent Hong Kong will officially open its doors on 8 November 2023 after a considerable transformation.
Part of IHG Hotels & Resorts luxury and lifestyle portfolio, the 497-key hotel is located on the shore’s of Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour, surrounded by landmarks including K11 MUSEA, ‘Avenue of Stars,’ Art Square and the Hong Kong Museum of Art.
“As one of Hong Kong’s legacy luxury hotels and host to generations of cherished memories, we are proud to officially launch Regent Hong Kong and ignite a new chapter of unforgettable moments for our guests,” said the hotel’s Managing Director, Michel Chertouh.
The 497-room hotel’s redesign was managed by renowned Hong Kong-born designer, Chi Wing Lo, as his first hotel project. Through his expertise in architecture, interior design, furniture and art curation, Lo has featured tactile natural materials throughout the hotel, including natural oak and granite crafted by skilled artisans.
Tom Rowntree, Vice President Global Luxury & Lifestyle Brands at IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “As we open the doors to Regent Hong Kong, we celebrate not only a new chapter for the brand but also a journey back to the roots of luxury hospitality. With a legacy steeped in innovation, breathtaking views and landmark destinations like Regent Hong Kong, the brand is returning in earnest to redefine luxury once more,” said Rowntree.
IHG Hotels & Resorts acquired Regent in 2018, working to reinvigorate the brand. Regent Hong Kong is a flagship property within the new Regent portfolio. Other properties include Carlton Cannes, a Regent Hotel; Regent Chongqing, Regent Shanghai Pudong, Regent Phu Quoc, and the soon-to-open Regent Santa Monica Beach.
This Hong Kong opening will be followed closely by Regent Shanghai On The Bund in late 2023 and Regent Bali Canggu in 2024.
About the hotel
- 497 guest rooms, including 129 suites.
- A new Presidential Suite features a sleek and sophisticated 3,500 square-foot duplex with a private terrace and infinity swimming pool, all with sweeping views of the harbour.
- Six globally acclaimed culinary experiences within the hotel, including the two Michelin-starred Lai Ching Heen, The Steak House, The Lobby Lounge and Nobu Hong Kong
- The grand marble staircase previous guests may remember remains
- The pillarless Regent Ballroom can host up to 1,000 guests
- ‘Regent Experience Agents’ are on hand to ensure a seamless guest experience
- The Regent Club is an exclusive sanctuary and luxury residential retreat for guests on level two.
- The Pool Terrace and Fitness Centre includes an outdoor pool, three-temperature infinity pools overlooking the harbour, and a gym fitted with Technogym equipment and is open 24-hours.
- Guests will have access to IHG’s loyalty program, IHG One Rewards.
Rates start from HK$6,000 (about AUD$1,192) per night (plus 10% service charge) for a Classic Harbourview Room.
For more information, visit Regent Hong Kong.
Share this story