Club Med is introducing extra flexibility to its Peace of Mind Policy, providing further reassurance to travel agents and their clients for last-minute bookings.
In response to the exciting reopening of international travel, Club Med’s new ‘Extra Flexi’ Peace of Mind Policy includes a 14-day cancellation period for Australian citizens and permanent residents who are eager to travel between 1 December 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Available to new bookings made from today, travel agents can confirm their client’s holiday with a $200 per person deposit, plus any flights, and wait to pay the final balance 14 days before departure instead of the previous 30-day period.
Clients have the following options up to 14 days before departure:
1. Pay in full and get ready to depart
2. Transfer their deposit to a different resort or date, valid until 30 April 2023 for a snow holiday or 31 October 2022 for a sun holiday.
3. Cancel and receive the deposit refunded if the following occurs:
– Hotel quarantine mandates in host country or in Australia change from original booking date.
– A change in the tourist visa in host country due to covid restrictions from original booking date.
– Covid outbreak in Australia or chosen destination causing travel bans.
– Someone in your travelling party contracts Covid and is unable to travel.
For clients who wish to rebook their Club Med holiday or use a Future Travel Credit after the 31 March 2022, their booking will default to the original Peace of Mind Policy and the final balance will be due 30 days before departure.
But Club Med says it’s going one step further than providing a far more convenient way to pay for a last-minute dash.
The company’s new COVID-19 Insurance comes as an added component to the all-inclusive package for all stays departing by December 2022.
Click here for more information.
- Karryon’s Top 10 stories of the week: Catch up on our most-wanted: May 20
- Here are the most cringe-worthy Instagram captions ever… are you guilty of using them?
- Oceania Cruises offers bonus commission for advisors and cabin upgrades for guests
- Tahiti scraps testing requirements for travellers arriving via Auckland
- Moulin Rouge! Hotel: Voulez-vous coucher at the Kimpton Margot Sydney?
Share this story