Today’s the day! Singapore has reopened its border to fully vaccinated Australians to once again enter the country quarantine-free via its ‘Vaccinated Travel Lane’ VTL program.
As of November 8, fully-vaccinated Australian citizens will be able to travel quarantine free to the Asian hub, following Australia’s international border reopening on November 1.
The Vaccinated Travel Lane enables visitors who are fully vaccinated from certain countries/regions to enter Singapore for any reason without quarantining.
Speaking when the announcement was made two weeks ago, Oliver Chong, Executive Director of Singapore Tourism Board Oceania, said, “We’re incredibly thrilled with the resumption of travel between Australia and Singapore. We know Aussies are avid travellers and can’t wait to travel overseas, so we hope this will encourage them to make plans to visit Singapore as soon as they can.
“Australia has always been a close and long-standing trade and tourism partner for Singapore. We are confident that this Vaccinated Travel Lane will be warmly welcomed by everyone as we continue to move towards a safe and calibrated reopening of our borders,” he said.
To be able to enter Singapore from Australia, travellers will need to:
- Be fully vaccinated at least 14 days after receiving your second jab with proof of vaccination issued, before intended date of entry
- Be in one or more of the Vaccinated Travel Lane countries in the last 14 consecutive days prior to departure to Singapore
- Take designated Vaccinated Travel Lane flights
- Undergo two PCR tests, one within 48 hours before departing, and one upon arrival in Singapore
- Self-isolate upon arrival until a negative PCR test result is out
For more information about vaccination requirements, click here.
In October, the island nation opened up green lanes for vaccinated arrivals from Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Britain, and the United States.
- Karryon’s Top 10 stories of the week: Catch up on our most-wanted: Jun 24
- Rex in effect with new travel agency agreements and partnerships
- “It’s time to step into a brave new world” South Africa ends restrictions
- New ports, who ‘dis? NCL adds cruise stops for 23/24 Asia sailings
- Insight: Why is travelling in Europe such a nightmare right now?
Share this story