Qatar Airways will restart its daily Sydney and Melbourne flights to Doha and then onward to more than 140 destinations worldwide from 1 December. It’s fantastic news for both travellers heading north and Australians returning home in time for Christmas.
Now that both New South Wales and Victoria have paved the way for quarantine-free arrivals into Australia, the Doha based airline is set to fly daily again on top of its schedule to Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane.
As such, Qatar Airways will be increasing their flights to daily services from Sydney and Melbourne starting 1 December.
Here’s the new daily schedule:
- Sydney-Doha: QR909 departs Sydney at 2145 – 2200 (depending on the day of the week) arriving in Doha at 0435 – 0450 the next day
- Melbourne-Doha: QR905 departs Melbourne at 2255, arriving in Doha at 0520 the following day
Time for a stopover in Doha on the way perhaps?
Qatar Airways has never stopped flying to Australia during the pandemic, bringing hundreds of stranded Aussies home on repatriation flights and becoming the airline of choice and trust for the trade.
The airline was also recently awarded ‘Airline of the Year’ for the sixth time by the international air transport rating organisation Skytrax and secured five additional awards.
Known as the Oscars of the Aviation Industry, the 2021 Skytrax awards importantly covered the period from September 2019 to July 2021, with the results reflecting a mix of more normal travel times combined with travel during the pandemic.
Qatar Airways says the extended period demonstrated its resilience and flexibility, as it not only delivered continued excellence during normal times but steadfastly continued flights and offered a lifeline to its customers across the globe during the most challenging of times.
QR also became the first global airline to receive the Skytrax COVID-19 Safety Rating in January 2021.
In August, Hamad International Airport, Qatar Airways home and hub, was also recently voted the World’s Best Airport 2021.
Head over to www.qatarairways.com for more information.
- Qatar Airways Trade Portal designed to support Travel Advisors
- Are you travel-ready? FCM’s tips for navigating the new travel landscape
- Private island in Fiji? Say Bula to COMO Laucala Island, opening next week
- First Chimu Antarctica Scenic Flight = 200 traveller minds-blown
- It’s Melbourne, on another level: Introducing the new Melbourne Skydeck
Share this story