G Adventures has partnered with ATTA on new guidelines for adventure travel and released a new collection of 37 small group tours with ‘physical distancing’ measures.
In a recent survey conducted by G Adventures to research predicted travel trends post-pandemic, 69% of travellers said they expect to see travel companies make changes to their health and safety measures.
Of those, 51% expect operators to implement physical distancing measures for future travel arrangements, and an overwhelming majority of 88% of respondents also expect increased sanitization and cleaning procedures.
These findings have led the small group adventure operator to increase its commitment to reassuring travellers with the launch of a new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection.
This programme of 37 trips in 27 countries incorporates additional physical distancing measures that complement the company’s new Travel with Confidence policy outlining increased hygiene and santisation across all its tours.
Simultaneously, G Adventures has partnered with the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) to create a set of industry health and safety guidelines to assist with the safe return to operation of 10 adventure activities. The new ATTA guidelines will be implemented across all G Adventures trips as they are developed, including this collection.
What is Travel with Confidence+?
The new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection includes all the new health and safety measures outlined in the Travel with Confidence policy, plus added steps for travellers looking to go the extra physically-distanced mile when travelling as part of a small group:
- Smaller group sizes – All trips will have an average of 8 – 10 travellers as opposed to the average group size of 12. This means being able to stay at smaller hotels and dining at smaller restaurants with fewer people around the dinner table.
- Private transport – While G Adventures is using more private transport where possible on all trips, this collection only uses private vehicles (except for planes) with daily assigned seating for added distance on the vehicles.
- My Own Room – My Own Room option is available for 50% off across all tours in this collection for people wishing for their own space to relax and sleep.
- More personal space – All rooms on trip will be either double or single and have en-suite bathrooms. There will be no multi-share accommodation or shared bathroom facilities on any trip in this collection.
G Adventures’ founder, Bruce Poon Tip, says the new collection is designed to encourage people to start feeling comfortable and confident about travelling again, and to reassure them their concerns regarding enhanced distancing and hygiene measures have been heard.
“We absolutely understand different people are going to have different comfort levels, and it’s our job to make sure we cater to all our travellers with trips that meet them where they’re at so we can get all our travellers out exploring the world again.”
Bruce Poon Tip, G Adventures’ founder.
“By its very nature small group travel allows for more freedom and space, and our incredible team of chief experience officers (CEOs) around the world are dedicated to keeping our travellers safe and well. Their role is going to be more important than ever, and we hope this new collection enables us to change even more lives through travel, and that we re-emerge from this pause as more considerate travellers,” says Poon TIp.
Excitingly for Australian and Kiwi travellers, the Travel with Confidence Plus Collection features five trips in Australia and New Zealand, meaning that travellers can explore their own backyard.
The new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection includes trips from G Adventures’ Active, Classic and Marine travel styles, including:
- Melbourne, Outback & Uluru Adventure —Plus
- New Zealand Express — Plus
- Classic Vietnam: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City — Plus
- Sailing Thailand – Phuket to Phuket – Plus
G Adventures has also implemented a Book with Confidence policy enabling travellers booking tours departing before Dec. 31, 2020 to cancel and rebook up to 14 days prior to departure.
Those with trips departing between Jan. 1st 2021 and June 30, 2021 can cancel and rebook up to 30 days prior to departure.
The Travel with Confidence Plus Collection launched last week and is available for departures from October 02, 2020, up to December 31, 2021.
Click here for more information.
Share this story