They have your back when things go belly up, they’re the ones you actually want to speak to on Monday morning about your weekend, and you’d happily get drunk with them outside of work events.
That’s right, I’m talking about Office BFFs – the awesome souls that make work MUCH less painful, always there for you no matter what the drama you’re facing at work.
If you’re a little unsure if you have a BFF in the office, read on.
Here are seven signs that confirm that you’re currently in the throes of an office BFF relationship.
1. an after work drink is an unspoken rule
Your family and friends actually think you’re a hard worker because you always seem to be “working” late…
2. You can read their expressions like a book
It’s like some kind of inter-office ESP.
3. You know how to console each other after a Neg
Negs could never get in between us!
4. You coordinate your lunch breaks to talk about that buzz night…
So… were you actually drunk? You can tell me.
5. You both swear to never speak of what happened at that buzz night – ever!
It’s going straight in the vault.
6. Coffee mysteriously lands at your desk when you most need it
Oh coffee, that elixir of the gods. How it soothes my soul…
7. Your clients are looked after in your absence – willingly
You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours – or something to that effect.
*Check out what I learnt about working in an office from David Brent here.
What’s the best part of having an Office BFF? Spill your guts in the comments below…
Share this story