West Hollywood is THE place to stay. As the most walkable city in California, West Hollywood invites visitors to skip the infamous SoCal traffic in favour of fun on foot.
Within its 4.9 kilometres, an abundance of activities and attractions await, including world-class dining experiences, legendary entertainment, sparkling rooftop pools, sought-after retail, and late-night lounges for craft cocktails. West Hollywood is The Heart of Los Angeles.
Read on for our spotlight guide on all things West Hollywood…
WELCOME TO WEST HOLLYWOOD
TOP 5 WEST HOLLYWOOD MUST DO’S
- Explore the 3 experiences of West Hollywood: World-famous Sunset Strip, diverse Santa Monica Blvd, and the trend setting Design District. Start off by taking a walk down the famous (2.4 km) Sunset Strip that passes through West Hollywood, California. The Sunset Strip is a party destination like no other – home to gangsters in the roaring 1920s, the playground of Hollywood royalty then and now, and the origin of many famous brands.
- Then visit Santa Monica Boulevard, famously known as Route 66, which passes straight through West Hollywood. With it come a variety of fantastic shops and restaurants, and the heart of the LGBTQ scene in the city.
- Finally, check out the Design District, with its high-end designer boutiques and galleries (250+), as well as inspired street art and murals, such as RETNA at Craig’s on Melrose. Home to some of the most world-famous retailers, you don’t want to miss strolling along this avenue and dropping into its luxury and flagship stores.
- Dine-in style at the city’s many Michelin-starred restaurants or go for a more laid-back vibe at the countless eateries, many of which stay open till the late hours. Then, soak up some late-night vibes at Mondrian LA’s Skybar, Harriet’s Rooftop at 1 Hotel, The Comedy Store, and The Den on Sunset. Or just appreciate the breathtaking views of Los Angeles from one of the area’s sparkling rooftop pools.
- Musical legends of past, present and feature nightly at the Whisky a Go Go, Viper Room, The Roxy on Sunset Strip and Troubadour, so definitely get your boogie on here. And who knows? You may even spot a celebrity or two…
SELF-DRIVE INSIDER GUIDES FOR WEST HOLLYWOOD
BOOK A GREAT WEST HOLLYWOOD DEAL!
Viva Holidays are the specialists when it comes to self-drive road trips through the USA.
No matter where you’d like to go, let Viva Holidays take care of all your car hire, experiences and accommodation along the way. They’ll even help you get to the locations to start your journey.
For example, check out this incredible 5 night stay deal at the Ramada Plaza West Hollywood including return coach transfers to LAX.
The Ramada Plaza West Hollywood is located right on Santa Monica Boulevard, with live entertainment, trendy shopping, hip hangouts and art galleries just steps away. Each guest room boasts LCD televisions and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Price: $965 per person twin share
Or set your sights on this amazing 5 night stay deal at the Montrose West Hollywood including return coach transfers to LAX.
Tucked away in a residential, tree-lined neighbourhood just a few steps away from Beverly Hills, Montrose West Hollywood offers visitors a stylish, chic retreat from which to enjoy their LA visit.
Unwind and recharge in this edgy and elegant space where the young elite of Hollywood come to play, either by sunbathing by the calming rooftop pool or sharing a meal at the trendy dining options on site. Montrose creates a welcoming residential atmosphere, so guests feel right at home in the sophisticated, modern suites.
Price: $1029 per person twin share
Tack on a memorable Warner Bros Studio Hollywood tour for just $99 per person, and, well, you’re sorted!
Find out more from the USA Self-Drive Specialists: https://agents.vivaholidays.com.au/campaigns/land-only/explore-west-hollywood-roadtippin-usa-2020
TAKE THE TUNES WITH YOU
AGENTS: GET TRAINED UP ON WEST HOLLYWOOD!
Register for West Hollywood University! From Essentials to more detailed modules, the West Hollywood University gives travel advisors the training they need.
Get accredited as a USA Specialist and complete the Los Angeles badge on the USA Discovery Program is Brand USA’s official trade training platform for the USA. Click here to register and get all the knowledge for the USA.
PLUS! DESIGN YOUR OWN TRIP WITH THE USA TRIP PLANNER
The Visit USA Trip Planner is an amazing (and free!) tool that matches your personal travel preferences and style.
With over 230 million data points including the best places & times to visit, reviews and hidden gems, this is one smart piece of travel tech.
This little travel genius optimises your itinerary to minimise travel time, checks when attractions are open and even recommends how much time to spend at each stop off. Brilliant!
Finally, it lets you share & collaborate with your fellow road trippers and is easy to add or revise points of interest as you go.
Find out more: www.trip-planner.visittheusa.com
GET ALL THE TOOLS ON BRAND USA’S TRAVEL TRADE SITE
From Trip Planners to Itineraries and the Discovery Program and Destination information, Brand USA Travel Trade Site for agents has you covered.
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story