Journey Beyond side lock up left 24 Apr takeover
Journey Beyond side lock up right 24 Apr takeover

Industry HQ

Share this article

Hello prize winner! $10k Hong Kong winner announced 

Wow, you guys really wanted to win Hong Kong Tourism Board’s epic $10,000 prize trip: we received record entries! We get it, award-winning Cathay Pacific flights, a fancy stay at the Island Shangri-La, plus a $500 Hong Kong travel voucher would have made us enter, too (if we could). So, who’s the lucky winner, what will they do when they get there, and is there a spare seat for that plus one?  

Wow, you guys really wanted to win Hong Kong Tourism Board’s epic $10,000 prize trip: we received record entries! We get it, award-winning Cathay Pacific flights, a fancy stay at the Island Shangri-La, plus a $500 Hong Kong travel voucher would have made us enter, too (if we could). So, who’s the lucky winner, what will they do when they get there, and is there a spare seat for that plus one?  

Remember when we announced this major prize back in March? You almost broke our internet, clamouring to get your entry in! Luckily, you all got through, but it was Justine Pielli, from Flight Centre Queanbeyan, who scooped this jammy prize trip to Hong Kong. Congrats, Justine! 

Justine Pielli, Flight Centre Queanbeyan
Lucky prize winner, Justine Pielli, Flight Centre Queanbeyan

We caught up with Justine between figuring out her travel dates and how to spend her $500 voucher to get the low down on this ‘pinch-me’ life highlight.  

How did you feel when you heard the news? Have you been to Hong Kong before? 

Cathay Pacific
Justine and her plus one will enjoy return Economy flights on Cathay Pacific

“I was quite shocked when I received the news about winning the trip to Hong Kong! A deer in headlights is what I looked like; no words would come out! It took about 20 minutes for the realisation to actually kick in, and then it was time to start bragging! 

It has been at least 12 years since I was last in Hong Kong. It was a trip with my extended family, and my kids were quite young. It was a budget holiday, with budget accommodation and budgeting our spending. I am thrilled to be able to experience Hong Kong in a totally different way this time.” 

What is the first thing you’ll do when you get to Hong Kong? 

Victoria Peak
Victoria Peak

“I love a great view, so I would definitely head to Victoria Peak, on the Peak Tram, of course. I’d like to catch the sunset over the city and Victoria Harbour. When the sun fades, I’ll watch the lights and glitz come over the city as it turns to night. And then, what better way to enhance the experience than with dinner and drinks?!” 

What’s one Hong Kong dish or restaurant you’re looking forward to trying? 

Hong Kong's humble street food can give visitors some of the richest, most worthwhile food experiences you can have in the city.
Justine is ready to try some of Hong Kong’s humble street food

Whenever I travel, I like to try local food, from street food to local delicacies, plus any recommendations. In Hong Kong, it has to be roasted goose! And yum cha! And pineapple buns! And shrimp dumplings! And milk tea! And egg tarts! And…” 

How will you spend your $500 voucher?  

Hong Kong Disneyland's new Castle of Magical Dreams. Credit: Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
A kid-free visit to Hong Kong Disneyland is one the cards ©Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

“I would love to visit the Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, the Big Buddha, and maybe a sneaky no-kids Disneyland trip!” 

Have you checked out your luxe hotel? What excites you about staying there? 

The Island Shangri-la Hong Kong
Time will be spent soaking up the vibes at the Island Shangri-la Hong Kong

“YES! As soon as I got home, I was online checking it out! I have never stayed anywhere so fancy and am excited to have the opportunity to experience it.  

There is no doubt that any chance I get, I will be checking out all the amenities. The view, the food, the pool, the spa! There is so much to do.” 

Who is the lucky person to go with you? What experience are you keen to share? 

Big Buddha, Hong Kong
Visiting the Big Buddha is a must-do while in Hong Kong

“Well, since I have started telling everyone, I have had so many offers of people willing to come along. But it will be my husband who will reluctantly (haha) take time off work to travel with me. 

I am keen to share a luxe holiday in an amazing destination, and we are both excited to experience all that Hong Kong has to offer!” 

I cannot thank Hong Kong Tourism Board, Cathay Pacific, and the Island Shangri-La Hong Kong enough for this AMAZING prize!” 

Discover more 

We’re sure that Justine looked to our latest Hong Kong article on current trends to get inspiration for her trip. Check it out here or head to Discover Hong Kong for more inspiration for your client’s upcoming Hong Kong travel.  

This article is brought to you by:

HKTB right hero