Latest News

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Gervais joins Visit California as Director AU/NZ; Miliatis joins Brand USA

Tourism marketing agency Gate 7 has appointed Daniel Gervais as Director for Visit California Australia and New Zealand. 

Tourism marketing agency Gate 7 has appointed Daniel Gervais as Director for Visit California Australia and New Zealand. 

Most notably, Gervais brings over six years of marketing experience from a stint at Airbnb, where he served as Head of Marketing for Australia and New Zealand for 2.5 years. 

In his new role, Gervais will manage marketing, PR, events and partnerships for Visit California in Australia and New Zealand. 

Previous director Vanessa Fletcher will step into a new position as Head of Strategy and Marketing at Gate 7.

“I am thrilled to join Gate 7 and be part of a team known for passionately showcasing California,” Gervais said. 

“It’s an exciting time to be returning to the travel industry, and I’m looking forward to working with our valued trade, media and brand partners.”

Brand USA

Play California
Los Angeles hills (Image ©Visit California)

Gate 7 has also revealed that Lexie Miliatis will be Brand USA’s new Training and Events Manager.

Miliatis was previously an award-winning Senior Team Leader at Flight Centre and will therefore bring valuable retail travel insights to the role. 

She also lived in multiple states in the US, so will add first-hand destination knowledge to her industry training programs.

“I am honoured to join Gate 7 and contribute my expertise to this dynamic team,” she remarked. 

“I look forward to leveraging my experience to enhance the training and events initiatives for Brand USA.”

Jo Palmer
Gate 7 MD Jo Palmer

Gate 7 says the appointments come as the company continues to grow its portfolio and focus on delivering innovative marketing solutions in the travel and tourism sector.

“We are inspired to be welcoming Daniel and Lexie to the Gate 7 family, especially at this exciting time of future focus for our agency,” Gate 7 Managing Director Jo Palmer said. 

“Their diverse expertise and passion for the travel industry will undoubtedly strengthen our capabilities and drive innovation in creating meaningful partnerships and campaigns for our clients.”

Last month, Visit California launched a new tourism initiative, titled the Ultimate Playground. Read our interview with Visit California CEO Caroline Beteta as the new global brand platform was launched.