Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Brand USA names Fred Dixon as new President & CEO

Brand USA will have its first new President & CEO in 12 years with the news that well-known industry leader Fred Dixon will succeed Chris Thompson in the top role at the peak tourism organisation effective from 15 July 2024.

Brand USA will have its first new President & CEO in 12 years with the news that well-known industry leader Fred Dixon will succeed Chris Thompson in the top role at the peak tourism organisation effective from 15 July 2024.

Mr Thompson announced his retirement last year after serving as Brand USA President & CEO since 2012. He will continue to work with the company until 30 September to facilitate the leadership transition.

Mr Dixon joins Brand USA with 30-plus years’ experience and a proven leadership track record in the travel industry as the current NYC Tourism + Conventions President & CEO.

He will oversee all operations as the company prepares for its next growth phase.

Brand USA Board Chair & Travel Oregon CEO Todd Davidson said: “We are delighted to welcome Fred as our next CEO.”

“Fred brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from across the travel and tourism industry and his strategic, visionary and humble leadership proved that he is the right person to take Brand USA and the marketing of the USA’s rich and diverse destinations and experiences to even greater heights.”

Mr Dixon said: “I am incredibly honoured and excited to serve as the next President and CEO of Brand USA.”

Man stands in front of screen.
Outgoing President & CEO Chris Thompson.

“I want to thank Chris for his many years of leadership and his friendship. I look forward to joining this team and working across the industry to propel us forward.” 

Outgoing President & CEO Mr Thompson said: “I am grateful for my time and I know that the future of the company will be in great hands with Fred at the helm along with the dedicated team and the board.”

Find out more at thebrandusa.com