Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Chris Catanzariti joins Quark Expeditions as BDM APAC 

Quark Expeditions has welcomed Chris Catanzariti as its new Business Development Manager Asia-Pacific.

Quark Expeditions has welcomed Chris Catanzariti as its new Business Development Manager Asia-Pacific.

Catanzariti brings more than 20 years of travel industry experience to the role, including stints in aviation, touring, wholesale, retail and most recently as BDM for Norwegian Cruise Line. 

On his new position, Sydney-based Catanzariti says he is “beyond excited to be joining the team at Quark Expeditions”.

Quark Expeditions' new recruit in Antarctica.
Quark’s new recruit in Antarctica.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to get back to my roots of both adventure and exploration – I’ve travelled to an awful lot of places, but the polar regions always offer something special on each journey,” he tells Karryon.

“Quark Expeditions are the leaders in polar adventures, and I feel privileged to be associated with this amazing brand.

“I know polar can be daunting for some agents and I really look forward to being able to educate, support and grow business with them.”

Quark Expeditions Regional Director Asia Pacific Tenille Hunt says she is “absolutely thrilled to have Chris join the APAC team”.

Tenille Hunt
Tenille Hunt

“Chris brings over two decades of travel industry experience, working in retail, corporate, wholesale, touring, aviation, adventure, cruise and everything in between – we’re excited to draw on his experience and grow our reputation as the leader in polar adventures in this market,” Hunt tells Karryon.

“With an extra BDM, we’re able to expand our presence in market and more effectively support the whole region with the most experienced and passionate polar sales team in the industry.”

Hunt was promoted to Regional Sales Director APAC in February 2024. Read all about that here.

Earlier this year, Quark announced it had added the brand-new, state-of-the-art polar expedition vessel Ocean Explorer to its small-ship fleet. The new ship sets sail for the 2024/25 Antarctic season and ticks all the boxes for luxury, adventure and leading-edge tech.