Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Jason Shugg joins APT as CMO

APT has announced a new senior appointment, with experienced executive Jason Shugg joining the business as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).

APT has announced a new senior appointment, with experienced executive Jason Shugg joining the business as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).

APT CEO David Cox said Shugg, who will broadly focus on the customer and growth, was a welcome addition to the team.

“We are delighted to have Jason join the APT team in this important growth role for the business,” he said.

“Jason brings a vast amount of experience and credibility both locally here in Australia, and also internationally, having previously worked for renowned global travel companies like Luxury Escapes, Top Deck and Lonely Planet.

“Importantly, he has a strong understanding of both the customer and of growth, which is ideal for the business at a time when there is such positive momentum in the travel sector with Australians yet again planning and booking their travel journeys and experiences.

“Jason joins our experienced and innovative team at APT as we continue to provide all our current and future guests with the same high level of service we have been providing for almost 100 years.”

Jason said he is thrilled to be joining the company.

“I have long known and admired APT, a business with such a long history, credibility and respect in the sector, ” he said.

“I am looking forward to continuing to put the customer at the front of mind in everything we do. APT has so many innovations and exciting initiatives planned for our customers and I am excited to be part of those.”

In August, the brand grew its fleet of river ships, taking delivery of two brand-new luxury vessels to sail its European itineraries in 2025.

Earlier this year, APT Travel Group announced it would be offering over 100 famil places in 2023.

Read our exclusive interview with head honcho of sales Scott Ellis, in which we dive into the company’s VIP Partner Program.