Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Sally Miles joins Karryon as Partnership Development Manager

Part of its mission to grow bigger and better, Karryon has recruited Sally Miles to the newly created role of Partnership Development Manager.

Part of its mission to grow bigger and better, Karryon has recruited Sally Miles to the newly created role of Partnership Development Manager.

In her new position, Miles will drive and manage the sustainable growth of partnerships, delivering added value to Karryon’s partners, stakeholders and audience. 

She will also be responsible for evolving the Karryon brand through partnership opportunities with new and existing stakeholders and sponsors, while staying true to Karryon’s mantra of “Connecting the world, together in travel”.   

Sally playing the Japanese taiko. Karryon
Sally playing the Japanese taiko.

Most recently, Miles plied her trade at the Japan National Tourism Organization’s (JNTO) Sydney Office as its Business Development and Marketing Manager. 

During her eight years at JNTO, she applied her skills as the main point of contact for travel agents, tour operators and MICE planners across Australia and New Zealand.

“I’m absolutely thrilled to join the Karryon family,” Miles said. 

“Since I entered the travel industry eight years ago, I’ve personally relied on Karryon to stay up to date with what’s happening in the industry, and the company’s values have always resonated strongly with me – especially the genuine commitments to sustainability and community.

“I’m really excited about the growth of the company and look forward to working with all of our amazing partners to continue supporting our incredible industry.”

Sally Miles

Karryon General Manager Dani Tuffield said the team was super excited that Miles had joined the “Karryon family”. 

“Given her stellar background, combined with an outstanding reputation in tourism marketing, Sally undoubtedly represents a valuable addition to our team,” she stated. 

“Her depth of experience and fresh perspective fills me with excitement for our future growth.”

This week, Karryon also announced that it is restructuring its editorial department to meet the dynamic needs of its travel trade and consumer audience. Read more about that here.