Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Traveltek adds two new leaders for APAC & Digital Marketing

Global travel tech company Traveltek has appointed Christian Sansom as Head of Sales APAC and Rebecca Somes as Head of Digital Marketing. The moves come as the UK-based company celebrates 25 years in business and a record year of growth.

Global travel tech company Traveltek has appointed Christian Sansom as Head of Sales APAC and Rebecca Somes as Head of Digital Marketing. The moves come as the UK-based company celebrates 25 years in business and a record year of growth.

Based in Sydney, Mr Sansom will be responsible for driving further growth in the APAC market and nurturing key clients within the region.

Mr Sansom has extensive and in-depth knowledge of the travel market, spending the past eight years as Head of Sales APAC ­– Mobility & Experiences at HBX Group (Hotelbeds) focused on the B2B distribution of its products across APAC and China.

Meanwhile, UK-based Ms Somes will work with the Traveltek sales team to drive international growth, focusing on awareness in mature markets and raising the brand profile in North America.

She brings more than a decade of marketing and strategic expertise gained in the North American, Middle Eastern and European markets.

Traveltek CCO Cressida Sergeant said: “Christian will be a huge asset to our team. I’m confident his expertise and experience in the travel and technology sectors will bring a wealth of benefits to both our existing and new customers.”

Headshot of Traveltek CCO Cressida Sergeant on plain background.
Traveltek CCO Cressida Sergeant.

“Having been in Brisbane for CLIA in September 2023, I can see the significant opportunity this market holds and believe Christian will be well-placed to support our partners to innovate, scale and grow.

“I’m excited to welcome Rebecca to help us on our quest to make Traveltek famous.

“We have some exciting plans for 2024 and Rebecca’s diverse background and excellent experience will be a key ingredient for our success this year.”

Of his new role, Mr Sansom said: “I am delighted to be taking on this new role at Traveltek, contributing to the company’s success and collaborating with a talented team to achieve our shared goals.”

Ms Somes added: “I look forward to working with the team to create more innovative and engaging marketing campaigns and to turn Traveltek into one of the most well-known names in travel technology.”

FCTG onboarded Travetek to use the tech providers’ Cruise API and iSell agent desktop solution to empower advisors to sell cruise products.

Find out more at traveltek.com/au