Are you our new Scott? Sadly our Canadian Social Media Manager Scott Di Domenico will embark on a new Aussie adventure next month and we’re looking for a social gun who can fill his BIG shoes.
Apart from developing a social media strategy, writing stellar content, analysing trends, and tweet at least a bajillion times a day we are looking for someone who has a great sense of humour and someone who is able to laugh till your belly-button-bursts!
The Social Media Manager will work closely with the editorial team as well as with the advertising team and senior designers.
So if you have a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and a bunch of wit and spontaneity coupled with basic photoshop skills and love seeing your design coming to life in social posts then you might be our new Social Media star.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in writing and editing daily content across social media platforms
- Experience from working in online publishing or a media agency with experience in publishing images and content to websites, navigation and hyperlinks, with an understanding of SEO
- Successful background in sourcing trending content, both locally and globally. Your reach will be diverse and you can turn ideas around fast to provide compelling content including product, trend, news and quirky stories through all mediums, including picture, video and written material
- Meticulous planning capability and project management skills
- A keen sense of urgency and deadline driven
- A passion for travel and lifestyle
- An appreciation of content for website, tablet, mobile and social channels
- Keen interest in new media and online and social trends
- Team player who loves to pitch in and enjoys the social aspects of the workplace
- Proactive, creative, autonomous and shows initiative
- Have a sense of ‘tongue in cheek’ sense of humour
- 2-3 years experience working in online publishing or for a media agency
- Photoshop skills (being able to carry out design work related to social media posts)
- Preferably a degree in communications or journalism
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Insights
- Basic Photoshop skills including resizing images
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Knowledge of Content Management systems and social media reporting, preferably Percolate
- Understanding of SEO and affiliate links
- Experience from working on travel, lifestyle client accounts desirable
Apply for the role by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Share this story