Tourism Ireland connected 30+ Irish industry suppliers and local tour operator partners with 150 travel advisors, tourism professionals and travel media in Australia and New Zealand during its virtual expo, which took place on 7 & 8 September.
Over the two-day event, Tourism Ireland facilitated 300+ one-on-one meetings that ran concurrently alongside a series of informative webinars from various regions and airline partners, as well as live presentations at the exhibitors’ booths.
From obtaining first-hand information on the latest news and updates on travel trends and experiences around the island of Ireland, attendees also enjoyed some entertainment including a Riverdance performance, a cooking demonstration by Irish chef Kevin Dundon from Dunbrody House, tips from the Guinness Open Gate Brewery, and tunes from the Shamrock Tenors.
Sofia Hansson, Tourism Ireland’s Regional Manager ANZ, said, “We were delighted to see so many travel advisors from Australia and New Zealand taking the time to join us and our key partners at this year’s Expo.
“Our message for ANZ travel advisors is that when the time is right, they can confidently assure their clients that we will have everything ready to welcome ANZ travellers back to our shores.
“With tourism and hospitality companies across the island of Ireland implementing all of the required new health and safety measures, we will be ready to deliver a fantastic holiday experience for their clients.”
The event also saw nine lucky winners take home the following prizes:
- Maria Summers from Helloworld Travel Ballina won four nights’ stay at Fota Island Resort & The Kingsley;
- Sera Paterson from Outdoor Travel bagged a pair of Waterford Crystal flutes;
- Sharon O’Brien from Live Breath Travel won four nights’ stay in Northern Ireland courtesy of Visit Derry and Hastings Hotels, plus a 2-hour forest bathing experience with Xhale;
- Brett Dann from Hunter Travel Group won a Taste Ireland whiskey and food hamper;
- Tina Johnson from MTA Travel won a $500 voucher courtesy of Globus & Cosmos;
- Neville Fenn from Nifty Nev Tours and Elizabeth Clarke from The Cruise Centre both took home a Merino Wool Scarf from Co Tipperary in Ireland;
- Selese Rowe from Travel Managers received a VOYA Wellness voucher; and
- Daniel Giffney from Aurora Expeditions won an outdoors gift hamper.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Tourism Ireland would like to remind attendees that the webinars will remain available on-demand via the platform for the next 90 days.
Click here for more information.
Share this story