Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Qatar Airways adds two new APAC appointments

Qatar Airways has bolstered its Asia-Pacific team with two new additions: Regional Manager Australia & New Zealand Justin Kestel and Manager Digital & Marketing Southwest Pacific & North Asia Ken Anon Lau, who will both be based in Melbourne.

Qatar Airways has bolstered its Asia-Pacific team with two new additions: Regional Manager Australia & New Zealand Justin Kestel and Manager Digital & Marketing Southwest Pacific & North Asia Ken Anon Lau, who will both be based in Melbourne.

The appointments come as Qatar Airways announced a new alliance with Virgin Australia, broadening the airline’s connectivity, network reach and market in the region.

As Regional Manager Australia & New Zealand, Mr Kestel will be responsible for leading all strategic and commercial aspects in the region.

With more than 10 years’ experience at Qatar Airways, his most recent role was Regional Manager Indochina, based in Bangkok, where he was responsible for the commercial business in Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos. 

Mr Kestel has also worked with Qatar Airways in Perth, Sydney and Singapore and has significant commercial aviation management experience and industry knowledge from previous roles at Flight Centre and Malaysia Airlines in Australia.

“I am thrilled to continue my career with the best airline in the world. I look forward to reconnecting with all of our valued trade and commercial partners and working together to help further solidify the airline’s presence in Australia and New Zealand,” Mr Kestel said.

Mr Lau will run Qatar Airways’ regional marketing, digital and loyalty division in the Southwest Pacific and North Asia region (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China).

He has worked with Qatar Airways for seven years in various roles in digital, sales, marketing and loyalty, most recently as Loyalty Marketing Manager, leading global marketing and communications for Privilege Club in Doha.

“After gaining invaluable experience across various airline roles, I am thrilled to be appointed as the new Manager Digital & Marketing Southwest Pacific & North Asia and look forward to helping the airline grow and strengthen its brand across the region,” Mr Lau said.

To find out more, visit qatarairways.com